BALYEAT + LANE, LLC has significant experience with capital investment transactions, representing companies seeking private investment capital as well as providers of private investment capital such as venture capital firms and the venture capital arms of established companies. Due to our substantial experience in risk capital investment transactions, we can offer suggestions and provide cost efficiencies that add significant value to the deal process. The time frame for closing a venture capital transaction is generally very short, and BALYEAT + LANE, LLC will provide the personal attention and the experience that will help ensure the transaction closes on schedule.
We work with companies at all stages of development and in a wide range of industries. We have clients that are entrepreneurial start-ups and clients that are recently public and growth oriented, as well as Fortune 500 clients.
Our private equity investment services include the following:
• Advising start-up and emerging growth entities seeking investment capital as to organizational matters such as the most advantageous choice of business entity, employment agreements, option and warrant issuances, non-compete agreements and tax planning;
• Advising both companies and investment firms with regard to structuring alternatives for angel round and venture round investments;
• Advising boards of directors or special committees of directors about their fiduciary duties to shareholders and other corporate governance matters that frequently arise in the context of private equity investment transactions;
• Advising companies with regard to applicable exemptions from registration under federal and state securities laws and assisting with the preparation of securities disclosure documents;
• Negotiating and/or preparing:
- Letters of intent and term sheets
- Preferred stock designations of terms
- Stock purchase agreements
- Stockholders agreements
- Registration rights agreements
- Co-sale agreements
- Bridge loans
- Press releases
• Structuring, negotiating, and drafting strategic alliances and joint ventures, including licenses, distribution agreements, hosting agreements, and co-branding agreements.